There is no stress when you call DNS! With these tips, your move will run smoothly, eliminating any delays, potential damages, or hassles.
Tips for Large or Distance Moves
- Contact DNS 3-4 weeks in advance to ensure availabilty.
- Make a list of everything to be moved.
- Decide on payment method and confirm with DNS.
- Seperate and organize things to be moved, contact DNS if you need boxes or materials (make sure to label the contents and/or destination).
- Make sure to individually wrap fragile items (china or plates should be vertical) and fill in any empty space with newspaper or other appropriate material to minimize movement during travel.
- Please do not pack (or ask us to pack) priceless or irreplaceable items.
- If printers are in a box, clearly label as they must remain upright.
- Disconnect and securely wrap any wires/cables.
Tips for Small Moves (1-3 pieces)
- Ensure parking for a truck or other moving vehicle at origin and destination.
- Work out payment method and amount with DNS.
- If self packing, ensure things are well supported, insulated and taped.
- CLEARLY label any fragile items that are in boxes (bold permanent marker on mutiple sides of box).
- Pack heavy items in small boxes and light items in large boxes.
Things NOT to do
- Delay packing until the day of pickup.
- Ask us to move hazardous or illegal-to-move materials. This includes but is not limited to: paint, thinners, solvents, oils, varnishes, firearms and ammunition, bottled gas, propane, lamp oil, anything flammable, explosive or corrosive, motor fuels and oils, nail polish remover, bleach and aerosol cans. Please note that any chemicals or liquids packed may loosen and spill during travel. Liquids should be carefully packed, taped shut, and put in plastic bags to prevent leaks.
- Use masking tape. (masking tape is extremely weak, use packing tape or duct tape).
- Label boxes with a pen or highlighter (use dark permanent marker).
- Poorly pack items (when in doubt, let US pack it, we are NOT liable for damages if you pack it).
- Attempt to pack or move heavy appliances/furniture (Empty them out/unplug them and let the professionals pack/move them. Moving heavy objects yourself may result in injury.
- Box up CRT monitors, tv’s, large pieces of glass, mirrors, pictures etc. These items are extremely fragile and are best packed by us. Note, if you have the original box AND packing for one of the above, it is appropriate to use such packing. Let us know of any such items packed so we can inspect it.